Friday 10 April 2009

sense of empty-ness

hi there.

looking at my tag board, the one who tagged as Surjono injected a slightly surprised and yet at the same time a old school touch on my heart. yes, I'm cheesy, on my heart.

Well. it's the kind of secondary school feeling when afternoons are spent lazy or with CCA friends. A 70th year anniversary mega dinner!! sounds like a high school reunion to me from many angles!!

Quite excited about it and hope all the CCHY'06 people will response to the reunion.. hope all the NSF can turn up too. Our time is precious!! since the bulk of it has been taken away by staying in the camps.

Have not update for quite some time already, well, as much as my excuse sound like a reason, I've been drained by the training in camps or out in the fields. whenever i get home on sat, there's the laundry to do. by the time i finish washing the clothes, it'll be a few hours before or just before dinner. Then I'll go out with some friends or find something to do.


last sat, was Min Fang's birthday celebrations! Didn't prepare much for the celebrations so I made an effort to make sure that we have fun that evening. and we did! with Hwan, Yu Hui, Min Fang, Johnson, Martin , [sorry to miss you out] SING CHUN and myself, we went from dinner at Mathattan's Fish Market to walking around Clark Quay and settling down at a Pub called ChinaOne. Had a drink or two and played with the pub's Wii set, which is quite fun until the crowd rushed in and destroyed our strings of laughter. What was really interesting for me and awkward for yu hui, was that we bumped into Jake. So the NSF had a catch up session and compared our army careers. Left on the train shortly so that Min Fang won't be too late to reach home. I was tired too.

then waking up to some light exercise on Sundays (which i have been lazy and ill-disciplined to maintain) I would spend most of my time at home, blogging, like now, or head out to the nearest cinema to catch a lonesome movie. watching movies alone is a enjoyable experience, especially movies that makes you think about issues. It's not that comedy are not nice but then I prefer substance. Substance like Watchmen. Oh yea, Legend of Chun Li sucked!

the whole movie was least stimulating, not at all paying attribute to the original video game which was tough, filled with violence and chun li had her hair tied in the shape of two buns and her ultimate move was to do a inverted split while knocking out people. I pity Kristen whose big screen opportunities might be shadowed by this movie. The director was sadly untalented in making a movie that should have been what it was titled. the biggest disappointment i had with the movie is that chun li in my memory worn a blue cheongsam with two buns of hair and some metal accessories that made her icon of tough femininity. Oh no, the directors had to make her 'school girl' whose only close resemblance to the Chun Li in my memory who clad herself in blue and two hair bun only when trying to seduce a lesbian minion of the big evil of the show. Second to the disappointment list consist of the pathetic voice overs which was to ensure that the audience understand what is the point that was to be conveyed. "If you can't use the magic of movie to do it, just use a voice-over!"--director of the movie. I'm not sure if it's the scriptwriter's fault or the directors fault that the movie, in parts were either expected, or not cohesive, or just plain bad. wasted my precious $10 and 2 hours of my time.

then in the evening, I'll get some lonesome dinner again and head back to camp at least 1 hour early to do some admin stuff. enjoying the quietness of the bunk which cannot be found at other times of the week.

I'm tired again. but still need to do some academic work for a projects handled to us.

oh ya, yesterday i spent the eveing with Melissa, knew her in secondary school while we were attending tuition at MarkYourFuture. Fond memories of the people there. Anywhere, we walked from PS to heerens after I said i had a sudden craving for Waraku's Katsu Curry Don. hmm, so we walked and talked. After placing our orders, we wait for the food and drinks to come. ok, this is where my embarrassment comes in. I ordered my usual drink.then i wondered why the waitress asked me if I wanted a single or double and why my usual drink took so long. it was only when the drink arrived that I realised a very silly mistake. in my mind, i had the image of my usual drink, a glass of hot O-cha (Japanese green tea), so i thought I ordered that. What was dished to me was hot Sake (Japanese rice wine). Yes, I said "hot Sake" to the waitress while thinking of green tea. it was a costly mistake, $27.80++ more to pay. haiz. but the rest of the evening turned out (slight disturbance by this two last two words) well.

here's a little song that i find very satisfying when listening to right now, after spending a whole day alone.




叶子 - 阿桑

叶子 是不会飞翔的翅膀翅膀
是落在天上的叶子天堂
原来应该不是妄想
只是我早已经遺忘
当初怎么开始飞翔

孤单 是一个人的狂欢
狂欢 是一群人的孤单
爱情 原来的开始是陪伴
但我也渐渐地遺忘
当时是怎样有人陪伴

我一个人吃饭 旅行 (到处)走走停停也
一个人看书 写信 自己对话谈心
只是心又飄到了哪里
就连自己看也看不清
我想我不仅仅是失去你

and here's a
piece of news about the singer.

 阿桑经纪人发公开信
  称病重时仍在创作新歌
  阿桑过世的消息让整个华语乐坛震惊,其经纪人汪一平昨日(7日)在网上发表公开信,回忆他以往和阿桑的记忆,称阿桑面对疾病十分坚强,病重时仍在创作,还在筹备出版第三张专辑。
  昨日,经纪人汪一平表示,阿桑一直很勇敢,相信自己一定会好起来,化疗期间她还创作了《爱情美的样子》等两首新歌,没想到都已成为绝唱。“阿桑计划还要在她的新专辑里写更多的作品。每一次我在听这首歌的时候,都会流下眼泪。”
  以一首《叶子》走红的台湾疗伤歌手阿桑近日因乳癌病逝,享年34岁。自两年前检查出有癌细胞后,阿桑便很少在公众面前露面。据媒体报道,2005年,阿桑曾带着她的第二张专辑《寂寞在唱歌》来到重庆做宣传,为人朴实、谦虚是她留给山城歌迷的印象。当年接触过阿桑的媒体记者和接待阿桑的工作人员现在回忆起这位歌手都是相同的一句话,“她人很好!”
实习编辑:小卉

No comments: